Saturday 23 June 2012

Commission to dual mod a MadKatz Tatsunoko vs Capcom joystick.

A fellow forum member approached me to dual mod his arcade joystick so it can work on the PS3 and XBOX360 platform. I was contemplating of installing a dualshock1 PCB but realising the converter for the consoles will take longer than expected to arrive, I decided to break out my PS360 pcb from Aki-Custom to get the job done.


Upon opening the stick, 2 things struck me:

1. A magnet to shield thin wires. Presumably to negate the need to twist the wires in a spiral to improve conductance or something like that.


2. Individual activation and ground terminals for each action buttons...nice, avoiding daisy chaining sits fine with me.


As you can see here the joystick harness is MadKatz own...*SNIP*


And also the buttons output with a common ground wire...*SNIP* *SNIP*





I removed the home, turbo, etc pcb to solder 2 sets of wire so the home and turbo button can still be accessed. Since I will be taking out the original Wii pcb out of the equation, it will be treated just like 2 switches.


Next I found the sweet spot to install the pcb. The 2 bottom legs matched the screw holes for the PS360 and it holds it well.


Finally I rigged all the switches as indicated on the PS360 pcb and ran a full input/output test using my voltmeter (set on continuity test) and luckily no further adjustment was needed on the terminals. So its all good to go. Have fun Euuuge!










No comments:

Post a Comment